Monday, October 15, 2012

Lately

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. 
       -George Bernard Shaw

Lately this seems to be the story of my life.  I've moved onto college, and things and people that I thought were so important to me, are just turning out to be well...not.  I keep trying to hold onto all things that are familiar and give me comfort, while keeping new things that could potentially be door openers at arms length.  However, as my comfort zones get pushed farther and farther away, I'm leaving myself with nothing but the unknown.  I'm holding onto things that I just need to accept are going to change. No matter what I do.  I can't control everything, no matter how hard I try.  People, Places, and things that are important change.  That's life.

1 comment: